JUnit Test Editor and Spring

CodePro AnalytiX (Audit & Test), includes over 1000 audit rules and metrics, JUnit test generation & editing, code coverage, and duplicate code analysis

Moderators: gnebling, jwren, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, Brian Wilkerson, dcarew

JUnit Test Editor and Spring

Postby ftr » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:38 am

Hi,

In my JUnit 4 Tests I use Spring 3.0.x's custom Test Runner (org.springframework.test.context.junit4.SpringJUnit4ClassRunner) via @RunWith:

Code: Select all
@RunWith(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.class)
@ContextConfiguration(locations = { "classpath:spring-test-context.xml" })
public abstract class MyTests implements ApplicationContextAware {

@Autowired
    private MyDao dao;

@Test
    public testSomething(){
         assertEquals("expected String", dao.getExpectedString());
    }
}

This automatically injects the suitable bean from the Spring context into my testcase. This works in Eclipse and when I run the tests in Maven. The CodePro Test Editor however marks all my tests as failed because of a NullPointerException when accessing "dao". I cannot find the complete stacktrace, only the tooltip which points me to a NullPointer in the line where I access "dao", but this indicates to me that the @RunWith annotation is ignored.

Is there a way to configure the Test Editor to be able to work with custom Test Runners?

Thanks,
Florian
ftr

Re: JUnit Test Editor and Spring

Postby jwren » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:25 pm

The JUnit Test Editor does not currently work with third party libraries such as Spring.

To open a Java file with the default Eclipse Java Editor, context click (right click) on the file in the Project Explorer, and select Open With > Java Editor.
--
Jaime Wren
Software Engineer
Google Inc.
jwren

Re: JUnit Test Editor and Spring

Postby ftr » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm

The JUnit Test Editor does not currently work with third party libraries such as Spring.

Ok. Are you planning to change that in the foreseeable future?
ftr

Return to CodePro AnalytiX & PlusPak. EclipsePro Audit & Test