Regarding TargetParser Error in CodePro???

CodePro AnalytiX (Audit & Test), includes over 1000 audit rules and metrics, JUnit test generation & editing, code coverage, and duplicate code analysis

Moderators: gnebling, jwren, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, Brian Wilkerson, dcarew

Regarding TargetParser Error in CodePro???

Postby subbu » Mon May 19, 2008 12:45 am

Hi,
i am new to CodePro.

Currently I am using CodePro Trail version. I have got the failure notice when I run my class (ObfuscateTableTransaction).

The Failure Notice is: “One or more test cases were not generated successfully. The details are in the .log file. Please submit a bug report to instantiations and include the .log file contents”. And then there is no test case generated, but the console window shows “Test code generation complete.”

I have verified that log file it seems like TargetParser(Null Pointer Exception) problem.

Can we run this file or not?

please have a look at following lines(generated by log file):

!ENTRY com.instantiations.eclipse 4 0 2008-05-16 20:04:43.869
!MESSAGE Failed during test case generation
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.generation.parser.TargetTypeParser.visit(TargetTypeParser.java:588)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.AssertStatement.accept0(AssertStatement.java:162)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.accept(ASTNode.java:2476)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChildren(ASTNode.java:2546)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.Block.accept0(Block.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.ASTNode.acceptChild(ASTNode.java:2523)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.MethodDeclaration.accept0(MethodDeclaration.java:501)
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.generation.parser.TargetTypeParser.visit(TargetTypeParser.java:2229)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.TypeDeclaration.accept0(TypeDeclaration.java:466)
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.ui.util.TestCaseGenerator.generateTestCase(TestCaseGenerator.java:434)
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.ui.util.TestCaseGenerator.generateAllTestCases(TestCaseGenerator.java:357)
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.ui.util.TestCaseGenerator.generateTestCases(TestCaseGenerator.java:295)
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.ui.action.GenerateTestCaseAction.runInBackground(GenerateTestCaseAction.java:285)
at com.instantiations.assist.eclipse.junit.ui.action.GenerateTestCaseAction$GenerateTestsJob.runInWorkspace(GenerateTestCaseAction.java:509)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY com.instantiations.eclipse 1 0 2008-05-16 20:04:46.838
!MESSAGE Summary:

please help me.

thanks,
subbu
subbu

Re: Regarding TargetParser Error in CodePro???

Postby Brian Wilkerson » Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Subbarayudu,

We have been looking into this case but have not yet been able to determine what the cause of the problem is.

The only potential cause I can think of at this point is if your code contains compilation errors. I doubt that this is the case, but if it is please try generating tests again after the compilation errors have been corrected and let us know what happened.

In the mean time, we will assume that that's not the problem and will continue to investigate. We'll let you know as soon as we find anything, or within a couple of days if we are not able to make any progress.
Brian Wilkerson
Google, Inc.
http://www.google.com
Brian Wilkerson

Re: Regarding TargetParser Error in CodePro???

Postby Brian Wilkerson » Wed May 21, 2008 8:50 am

Subbarayudu,

I'm glad to hear that moving to the latest version of CodePro took care of the problem for you.
Brian Wilkerson

Return to CodePro AnalytiX & PlusPak. EclipsePro Audit & Test