please help - unstable, rulers missing, horribly buggy

Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

please help - unstable, rulers missing, horribly buggy

Postby Axel » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:55 am

Hi,

I am just evaluating windowbuilder pro because I had very good experiences with it in the past, and we are in need of a gui builder here. but some things are making me crazy right now. in my current installation the following things go awfully wrong:

(1) it is incredibly (!!!!) unstable, buggy, and ... unstable. clicks take ages, undo is a pain (and takes two ages), and the gui editor is basically non-usable
(2) i don't see the row and column helpers at designer area border.

now, the problem is that in the last installation all that worked flawlessly - about two weeks ago. so I think I am doing something wrong, but I have even re-installed eclipse (version 3.2) without any other plugins and it doesn't work right. can anyone give me any hints, please? windowbuilder IS the best product as far as I know, but this is unberable. I can't really work if I have to restart eclipse every 20 minutes, and if simple component adding takes minutes.

(anyone helping gets a special "making little axel extremely happy" medal :-))

frustrated greetings :-)
axel.
Axel

Re: please help - unstable, rulers missing, horribly buggy

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:59 am

It sounds like you have an installation or configuration problem of some sort. I woud strongly suggest reviewing the various suggestions in the Designer FAQ.

In particular, make sure that you have only one version of Designer installed and that you have cleaned your Eclipse configuration directory as described in the installation instructions.

If that does not help, send us a test case and yor Eclipse ".log" file. We need to see any exceptions that might be recorded.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to Swing Designer