Window Class for OSButton

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Window Class for OSButton

Postby tstalzer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 am

Hi

One of our customers is now migrating from VA/Smalltalk 7.02 to 7.52. The application is running under Windows.

During this version change, the Window class (Method windowClass) of OSButton changed from "OSButton" to "Button". This is definetly more correct, however the automated Testtool Integration (Silktest) now behaves a different as the class mapping has changed.

Now - my question:
The original implementation in the "initializeWindowProc" method declares the Windows-class "OSButton" and reroutes the default windowProc for buttons. In order to minimize the necessary changes for the Testteam, I would like to go back to the old implementation for the time being. Are there concerns in doing so (other than performance, not tested, etc.)

--Thomas
tstalzer
[|]

Re: Window Class for OSButton

Postby wembley » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 am

Thomas -

This change is covered in the Migration Guide. The WindowClass for 2 widgets was changed to be compatible with Windows Theme support. What I don't remember is whether there were other changes to the OSWidgets prompted by the change to the WindowsClass.

I can't guarantee nothing will break if you revert the code, but I think you will be OK.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Re: Window Class for OSButton

Postby tstalzer » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:43 am

Hi John

Thanks. I think we will roll back OSButton for a while until the testing department has a chance to rework the scripts. ( I know, I should have read the migration guides...)

For the record - they are using Silktest from Microfocus (former Borland, former Segue)

--Thomas
tstalzer
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0