How to create primitives ....

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

How to create primitives ....

Postby marten » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:54 am

... that's the question I have ! I use VS2008 and tried to get the sample stuff to work, but that does actually not work .... therefore: has anyone experience with that stuff and how can this be done in an easy way ?

My last errors were, that it was not able to resolve several external function call from esvm.lib ...

Marten
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Re: How to create primitives ....

Postby wembley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 am

Marten -

I use Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition together with the Windows 7 SDK to build the .DLL in \samples\primitiv every time I do a VM build. If you open the SDK CMD Shell (using the shortcut installed by the SDK), navigate to <varoot>\samples\primitiv, and type nmake, it should work. You will need to edit the makefile (I keep forgetting to fix this) to remove the /BASE:@..\oti\dlls.txt,$(@B) parameter since we don't ship the file that does .DLL rebasing. I just tried it again to verify that my memory wasn't going haywire.

Actually, you will need to touch the .C file before doing this so it know to rebuild everything.
John O'Keefe [|], Principal Smalltalk Architect, Instantiations Inc.
wembley

Re: How to create primitives ....

Postby marten » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm

Cool, that worked .... ! Thanks !

Marten

wembley wrote:Marten -

I use Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition together with the Windows 7 SDK to build the .DLL in \samples\primitiv every time I do a VM build. If you open the SDK CMD Shell (using the shortcut installed by the SDK), navigate to <varoot>\samples\primitiv, and type nmake, it should work. You will need to edit the makefile (I keep forgetting to fix this) to remove the /BASE:@..\oti\dlls.txt,$(@B) parameter since we don't ship the file that does .DLL rebasing. I just tried it again to verify that my memory wasn't going haywire.

Actually, you will need to touch the .C file before doing this so it know to rebuild everything.
Marten Feldtmann, Principal Smalltalk User, Private
SkypeMe callto://marten.feldtmann
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0