Another Web Service packaging error

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

Another Web Service packaging error

Postby Livardo » Tue May 06, 2008 8:07 am

Hi,

Ok, I got the webservice to package but when I try deploy it, here's what I'm getting:

SstWsdlDefinitions(Object)>>#error:
receiver = a SstWsdlDefinitions <http://service.test.something.com>
arg1 = 'SstWsdlDefinitions does not understand deploymentNamespace:'

Any webservice gurus have any idea what's causing this?

Thanks!
Livardo

Re: Another Web Service packaging error

Postby tc » Wed May 07, 2008 3:35 am

Hello,

I do not see the method 'deploymentNamespace:' in the 'SstWsdlDefinitions' hierarchy nor are the senders used in that hierarchy. I do see the method used in relation to deployment descriptors.

Does your app work in a dev image? If it does but not in a packaged app then you need to check the statistics files created by the packager ('.es' files generated) to see why the method was not included.

Once you know the reason then several things can be done to include the method and/or class such as using 'packagerIncludeSelectors'.

--tc
tc

Re: Another Web Service packaging error

Postby Livardo » Fri May 09, 2008 12:39 pm

tc wrote:Hello,

I do not see the method 'deploymentNamespace:' in the 'SstWsdlDefinitions' hierarchy nor are the senders used in that hierarchy. I do see the method used in relation to deployment descriptors.

Does your app work in a dev image? If it does but not in a packaged app then you need to check the statistics files created by the packager ('.es' files generated) to see why the method was not included.

Once you know the reason then several things can be done to include the method and/or class such as using 'packagerIncludeSelectors'.

--tc

We figured it out. We actually had to make sure that the .ini file for the packaged image had an [XML] section pointing to the XML folder:

i.e.:

[Xml]
DefaultResourceQualifier=C:\vast70\xml\

In addiiton, we had to ensure that our Web Service objects were being included in the package and not left out by reduction by defining a "packagingRulesFor" method (see: http://www2.instantiations.com/VAST/Docs/ws/websrvc24.htm#Header_52)

Cheers.
Livardo

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0