"Problems found - packaging aborted.", headless OL

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

"Problems found - packaging aborted.", headless OL

Postby waynej » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:18 am

Sorry for multiple questions here.

While packaging a headless server on VAST 6.0.2, I was getting a popup during the Output Image phase:
"Problems found - packaging aborted."
Nothing in the transcript and no file found to help me figure out what that means? Any ideas on how to debug that?

It's not a problem anymore since I got past it. I'm sure it was something to do with me trying to add an OLE interface to Word. I had added quite a few visual apps (I know, a bad idea) and was messing with their prerequisites. I ended up getting it to work fine with just the one app I needed (OleApplicationFrameWorkBase, which contains OleAutomationObject).

I had been thinking what I was trying was hopeless until VA Smalltalk 7.5.2 which fixes this defect: "30510 OleApplicationFrameworkBase has GUI dependencies", but I did get it working. What exactly does 30510 fix anyway? Is there a way for customers to find more information on fixes?

Yes, I know Microsoft has warnings about how headless OLE might not work and could violate the EULA, etc.

Thanks.
--
Wayne Johnston
waynej

Re: "Problems found - packaging aborted.", headles

Postby marten » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:17 am

waynej wrote: Is there a way for customers to find more information on fixes?

That leads me to the question: what about the public bug/fix database I and lots of other developers (at Frankfurt this year) wished to have ....

Marten
marten
[|]

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0