getting objects from xsd

VA Smalltalk is a "100% VisualAge compatible" IDE that includes the original VisualAge technology and the popular VA Assist and WidgetKit add-ons.

Moderators: Eric Clayberg, wembley, tc, Diane Engles, solveig

getting objects from xsd

Postby mariocarrera » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:56 am

Hi all!

I have to sent to an apllication (out of my system) an xml file. Of course I have all data required.
But my objects are organizzed in a different way. So I
whant to create objects from the given xsd. I can not finde any example.
Or ther is a better way to do this?

Mario Carrera
mariocarrera

Postby tc » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:59 am

Hi Mario,

You want to take ST objects, transform them into an XML file, send them to another application and that application re-creates the objects or uses the XML file?

Also, is the other app ST or other language?

--tc
tc

Postby mariocarrera » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:38 am

Hi tc!
I don't know nothing obout the other application...Only tha will take my xml file in input.
I want to create classes from the xsd file. Then, at run time, I will create the appropriate instances from my 'xml classes' and set the values of attributes and then I will send to the objects the method abtXmlPrintString.
I think to create the classes from the xsd (there is more than one xsd file) because is the file tha contains the complete structure of the real xml that I need to produce. The "real xml" is a subset of xsd, only the attributes with values are required.
The xsd files are very large and have a clomplex structur and very importan along the time they may change. May be the structure can change or may be a new fields will required... Like a table on a DB .

Mario
mariocarrera

Return to VA Smalltalk 7.0, 7.5 & 8.0