GWT design -- no back end !

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

GWT design -- no back end !

Postby hbozic » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:26 am

I have been trying out the GWT designer and find it very much like developing with a event driven drag and drop style, which I find very productive. I developed a complex 10 page front end in less than a day!
I was seriously considering using GWT and the Instatiations designer in my next project. However ,I am very reluctant to proceed when all that is available is a simple HTTP servlet model that is provided with GWT and not having a better way to connect to my back end ( EJB / hibernate ) concerns me. This is not a criticism of the GWT Instantiations Designer -- it is a criticism of the GWT toolkit and a lack of forethought by the GWT designers who created the excellent GWT toolkit and didn't think that developers like me, would very much like to use it, to connect with a "back end" of an n-tier application.
hbozic

Re: GWT design -- no back end !

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:30 am

hbozic wrote:This is not a criticism of the GWT Instantiations Designer -- it is a criticism of the GWT toolkit and a lack of forethought by the GWT designers who created the excellent GWT toolkit and didn't think that developers like me, would very much like to use it, to connect with a "back end" of an n-tier application.

If you Google "GWT Hibernate", there are some discussions on how other people have managed to make GWT and Hibernate work together.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer