adding custom and third party controls to Palette Manager

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

adding custom and third party controls to Palette Manager

Postby rueyfarn » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:26 am

Althought GWT provides adequate number of UI components but there is always a need to use more custom and third-party controls to cut down on the development time.

The Palette Manager UI greys out "Add Entries..." button. I think it is not ready to support custom controls just yet. I like to know if this is in the plan and like to cast my vote to raise its priority.

Please also point me to the documentation that explains what does it take to qualify as a GWT custom control for Palette Manager. Will any GWT UI java code that follows JavaBean convention to enable introspection be good enough?

Thanks.
rueyfarn

Re: adding custom and third party controls to Palette Manage

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:18 pm

rueyfarn wrote:The Palette Manager UI greys out "Add Entries..." button. I think it is not ready to support custom controls just yet. I like to know if this is in the plan and like to cast my vote to raise its priority.

The Palette Manager had not yet been hooked up to support adding custom GWT widgets. The latest GWT Designer build now allows this.

rueyfarn wrote:Please also point me to the documentation that explains what does it take to qualify as a GWT custom control for Palette Manager. Will any GWT UI java code that follows JavaBean convention to enable introspection be good enough?

Yes. As long as it is a valid JavaBean and a subtype of com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.Widget, it should be fine.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to GWT Designer