Bookmarks

GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Bookmarks

Postby Serge » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:33 am

Every time when I make a change in Design window, my bookmarks in this file are erased, even if I bookmark a line that only has a comment (no code). Is there a way to preserve bookmarks?
Serge (gymgoal.com)
Serge

Postby Konstantin.Scheglov » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:14 am

Designer tries to make single use operation in single text operation. So, we track begin and end area of source that should changed. Once operation done, we replace this area with new content. Unfortunately after this operation Eclipse removes bookmarks in replaced area. You can try this manually: set bookmark in some block, then select it and click Ctrl+Ins (copy in clipboard) and then Shift+Ins (paste from clipboard). You will see that bookmark disappears.

As some workaround you can use comments, such as FIXME, XXX and other, you can configure them in Window | Preferences | Java | Compiler | Task Tags
Konstantin.Scheglov

Return to GWT Designer