NPE on getCompilationUnitImports, help

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

NPE on getCompilationUnitImports, help

Postby vpavlov » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:18 am

I have just upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3 and now recieve this in the log:

!MESSAGE Designer internal error [4.3.0.2006.03.06]: java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.DesignerAST.getCompilationUnitImports(DesignerAST.java:309)

This is everytime I try to add some control to the composite. May be my instalation is broken, but I dont know where to look at.
Please give me an advise.

Regards.
Veselin Pavlov
vpavlov

Re: NPE on getCompilationUnitImports, help

Postby Eric Clayberg » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:37 am

vpavlov wrote:I have just upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3 and now recieve this in the log:

!MESSAGE Designer internal error [4.3.0.2006.03.06]: java.lang.NullPointerException
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.DesignerAST.getCompilationUnitImports(DesignerAST.java:309)

This is everytime I try to add some control to the composite. May be my instalation is broken, but I dont know where to look at.
Please give me an advise.

This is very likely an installation/configuration problem. See the Designer FAQ for help.

In particular, make sure that v4.3.0 is the only version that you have installed and that you have cleaned your configuration directory.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer