Using for RCP

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Using for RCP

Postby czerwonka » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:33 pm

I was an SWT-Designer customer a while back and stopped, not because of lack of quality, but lack of need. I'm now heading up a new product development and have chosen RCP as a client strategy. I'd like to know how SWT-Designer play in the RCP space. What about the Forms API? I know (think) there's some refactoring happening in Eclipse 3.2 that may bring some of the Forms pieces into either SWT or JFace.

I see more and more people looking to RCP and an wondering whether the VE project or SWT-Designer can help.
czerwonka

Re: Using for RCP

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:55 pm

czerwonka wrote:I was an SWT-Designer customer a while back and stopped, not because of lack of quality, but lack of need. I'm now heading up a new product development and have chosen RCP as a client strategy. I'd like to know how SWT-Designer play in the RCP space. What about the Forms API? I know (think) there's some refactoring happening in Eclipse 3.2 that may bring some of the Forms pieces into either SWT or JFace.

SWT Designer has extensive support for creating SWT and RCP applications. You can create perspectives, views, editors, wizard pages, preference & property pages, etc.

Image Image

The Eclipse Forms API is also supported in Designer, so you can use it for creating views, editors or for any other RCP components.

Image Image
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer