troubles using edition for eclipse 3.1 m7 & rc1

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

troubles using edition for eclipse 3.1 m7 & rc1

Postby andyry78 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:02 am

hi !

I've used edition for 3.0.x on eclipse 3.0 (various milestones), now i moved to 3.1 and i got a message saying that I'm using the wrong designer.

after downloaded the latest build for 3.1 m7 & rc1 i've deleted all org.eclipse.* in the configuration file, started the delete.bat in the zip file and then installed all files again.

now nothing is working, nor the old neither the new files. i'll get "null. contact support by email now?" error message, when I'm trying to switch to the design pane. there are no widget toolbars visible (to be exactly the pane for the widgets is visible, but it's empty), the window itself is empty too.

any ideas?

thanks
bye, Andy
andyry78

Re: troubles using edition for eclipse 3.1 m7 & rc1

Postby Eric Clayberg » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:22 am

andyry78 wrote:I've used edition for 3.0.x on eclipse 3.0 (various milestones), now i moved to 3.1 and i got a message saying that I'm using the wrong designer. after downloaded the latest build for 3.1 m7 & rc1 i've deleted all org.eclipse.* in the configuration file, started the delete.bat in the zip file and then installed all files again. now nothing is working, nor the old neither the new files. i'll get "null. contact support by email now?" error message, when I'm trying to switch to the design pane. there are no widget toolbars visible (to be exactly the pane for the widgets is visible, but it's empty), the window itself is empty too.

If Designer is not working at all after installation, this is almost certainly an installlation poroblem of some sort. Review the Designer FAQ for suggestions.

If the same problem persists, you should send us the contents of your Eclipse .log file.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

after deleting

Postby andyry78 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:36 am

after deleting the old files manually (plugin folder) it works....

thanks for your help
andyry78

Return to SWT Designer