Problem with Eclipse I20050509

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Problem with Eclipse I20050509

Postby joerg » Tue May 10, 2005 3:18 am

Hi,

just in case you hadn't seen it yet: when using SWT-Designer 4.0.1 20050507 in Eclipse I20050509-2010, the following exception occurs:
Error 2005-05-10 13:14:29.256 Designer internal error: tried to access method org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.WorkspaceModelManager.getWorkspacePluginModel(Lorg/eclipse/core/resources/IProject;)Lorg/eclipse/pde/core/plugin/IPluginModelBase; from class com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo
java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.eclipse.pde.internal.core.WorkspaceModelManager.getWorkspacePluginModel(Lorg/eclipse/core/resources/IProject;)Lorg/eclipse/pde/core/plugin/IPluginModelBase; from class com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo.getViewElement(ViewPartInfo.java:297)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo.access$2(ViewPartInfo.java:292)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo$ViewControl.createTitleBar(ViewPartInfo.java:423)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo$ViewControl.<init>(ViewPartInfo.java:407)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.jface.advanced.ViewPartInfo.createSingleControl(ViewPartInfo.java:172)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.control.ControlInfo.createControl(ControlInfo.java:385)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.composite.AbstractCompositeInfo.createControl(AbstractCompositeInfo.java:140)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.composite.AbstractCompositeInfo.createControl(AbstractCompositeInfo.java:137)
at com.swtdesigner.model.JavaInfo.notifyPropertyChanged(JavaInfo.java:5572)
at com.swtdesigner.model.swt.widgets.control.ControlInfo.notifyPropertyChanged(ControlInfo.java:208)
at com.swtdesigner.model.JavaInfo.notifyPropertyChanged(JavaInfo.java:5559)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.common.property.DesignerEditorPropertyComposite.handleRootNodeSelected(DesignerEditorPropertyComposite.java:512)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.common.property.DesignerEditorPropertyComposite.updatePropertyComposite(DesignerEditorPropertyComposite.java:689)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.parseCompilationUnit(DesignerEditor.java:837)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.handleActivate(DesignerEditor.java:741)
at com.swtdesigner.gef.DesignerEditor.handleActivate(DesignerEditor.java:707)
at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor.showDesignEditor(MultiPageEditor.java:306)
at com.swtdesigner.editors.MultiPageEditor$2.widgetSelected(MultiPageEditor.java:156)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:89)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:842)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:866)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:851)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:659)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.setSelection(CTabFolder.java:3137)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder.onMouse(CTabFolder.java:1921)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.CTabFolder$1.handleEvent(CTabFolder.java:288)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:842)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2901)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2534)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1601)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1565)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:315)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:230)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:345)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:158)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:328)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:272)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:974)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:950)
Regards,
Jörg
joerg

Re: Problem with Eclipse I20050509

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue May 10, 2005 5:02 am

joerg wrote:just in case you hadn't seen it yet: when using SWT-Designer 4.0.1 20050507 in Eclipse I20050509-2010, the following exception occurs

Yes, we are aware of that issue. We plan to support M7 as soon as it comes out, but we don't plan to support any of the intermediate integration builds (too much API churn on a daily basis to make that practical).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby joerg » Thu May 12, 2005 1:00 am

Oops, still happens with 20050511, I just hallucinated it working...

I don't think there will be any API change between I20050509 and M7, looks like this is more or less going to become M7. And on me it subjectively looks faster how it opens editors and shows the file in the package tree, just can't wait to use it ;)
joerg

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sun May 15, 2005 1:18 pm

joerg wrote:I don't think there will be any API change between I20050509 and M7, looks like this is more or less going to become M7. And on me it subjectively looks faster how it opens editors and shows the file in the package tree, just can't wait to use it ;)

An M7 compatible build is now available.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer