Cannot get to work in RSA 7.5.4

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Cannot get to work in RSA 7.5.4

Postby mpcarl » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:03 am

I am trying to get the SWT Designer tool working on RSA 7.5.4. The GWT and Swing menu options are working, but the RCP/SWT options are not available. It looks like com.instantiations.designer.rcp (7.2.0.200911031533) "SWT Designer" is in the Installed state and not the Resolved state. When I try to start from the command line it is missing a required bundle. The missing bundle is org.eclipse.swt.widgets.baseline. It does not look like RSA is including this bundle. From looking at the Eclipse 3.4.2 download I cannot find which feature this bundle is packaged in. Since it is not in a feature, I don't see a way to install the bundle into RSA without it getting removed the next time I use the IBM Install manager to update RSA.
mpcarl

Re: Cannot get to work in RSA 7.5.4

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:21 am

mpcarl wrote:I am trying to get the SWT Designer tool working on RSA 7.5.4. The GWT and Swing menu options are working, but the RCP/SWT options are not available. It looks like com.instantiations.designer.rcp (7.2.0.200911031533) "SWT Designer" is in the Installed state and not the Resolved state. When I try to start from the command line it is missing a required bundle. The missing bundle is org.eclipse.swt.widgets.baseline. It does not look like RSA is including this bundle. From looking at the Eclipse 3.4.2 download I cannot find which feature this bundle is packaged in. Since it is not in a feature, I don't see a way to install the bundle into RSA without it getting removed the next time I use the IBM Install manager to update RSA.

org.eclipse.swt.widgets.baseline is part of the com.instantiations.eclipse.ui feature (WindowBuilder Common UI Support) and a standard part of the SWT Designer distribution.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer