Eclipse 2.1 crashes with Designer ver. 2.0.1 [HELP!!]

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Eclipse 2.1 crashes with Designer ver. 2.0.1 [HELP!!]

Postby raheel » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:47 am

Hello, I download and unzip Designer 2.0.1 for Eclipse 2.1 at my windows 2K box. Before adding this plugin, eclipse was working fine but now when I start it, it displays a small dialog box complaining that I must consult to .log file for details (workspace/.metadata/.log). I got the file and it was a long strack trace (so many exceptions), I am pasting here just top two of them:

Code: Select all
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/parsers/ParserConfigurationException
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.LocalMetaArea.readOldWorkspace(LocalMetaArea.java:256)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.open(Workspace.java:1521)
   at org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourcesPlugin.startup(ResourcesPlugin.java:268)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.plugins.PluginDescriptor$1.run(PluginDescriptor.java:736)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:1006)
   at .......

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 Aug 10, 2004 18:26:57.843
!MESSAGE Plug-in "org.eclipse.ui" was unable to instantiate class "org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench".
!STACK 0
org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.DelegatingLoaderException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Problems encountered starting up plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.resources".
   at ........

Please help me as I am in the crucial need of this designer.
Plz HELP !!!! :cry:
[/b]
raheel

Re: Eclipse 2.1 crashes with Designer ver. 2.0.1 [HELP!!]

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:32 am

What exact version of Eclipse 2.1 are you using?

I very much doubt that this problem has anything to do with Designer. It appears that you have a major problem with your Eclipse configuration. The exception you posted indicates that the
ParserConfigurationException class cannot be found. That class is a standard part of Eclipse 2.1 that is found in the xmlParserAPIs.jar file within the org.apache.xerces plugin. Do you see that jar file and plugin in your Eclipse installation?
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby raheel » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:43 pm

Hello Eric,

thanks, below is the version of eclipse that i have retrieved from readme_eclipse.html file:

Release 2.1.2
October 31, 2003

Also, I search the plugin folder and found "xmlParserAPIs.jar" file inside folder F:\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.xerces_4.0.13. So, both things are here, I still guess that this is something wrong with Designer (may be with this version of eclipse!!). When I removed this plugin from the plugins folder, eclipse runs fine without any exceptions trace in .log file. Any thoughts ??

[/b]
raheel

Return to SWT Designer