Database support?

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Database support?

Postby allawy » Fri May 28, 2004 9:51 am

Hi Eric;

Since I consider myself a perminent client to SWT Designer :wink:, and while I was reading the roadmap of SWT Designer I saw Database support in the way, this made me wonder (Since I'm learning & using Hibernate now), what database technology are you considering? Simple JDBC, JDO, Hibernate or other?

I did dream of having Database Support into SWT Designer, and I wish that this is a matter of few months if not already ready by this week ;)
allawy

Re: Database support?

Postby Eric Clayberg » Fri May 28, 2004 10:29 am

allawy wrote:Since I consider myself a perminent client to SWT Designer :wink:, and while I was reading the roadmap of SWT Designer I saw Database support in the way, this made me wonder (Since I'm learning & using Hibernate now), what database technology are you considering? Simple JDBC, JDO, Hibernate or other? I did dream of having Database Support into SWT Designer, and I wish that this is a matter of few months if not already ready by this week ;)

I think we will target simple JDBC to start and then see where the market takes us. I would guess that this would be several months away at the earliest (we are still gathering requirements).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby allawy » Fri May 28, 2004 12:57 pm

Well, it's just a suggestion, but I think you should consider Hibernate seriously, it's gaining a big foundation, and I did read somewhere that even sun will use it in EJB3 or so not sure, anyway, it's not an important thing as the rest in the list, but it surly would be a wonderful thing to have.
allawy

Return to SWT Designer