problem with wizard

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

problem with wizard

Postby pharaonix » Sat Apr 10, 2004 12:21 pm

Hello!

1- I'm french and my english is not fluent so please don't be rude with me :D

2- I'm a noob with java but I devellop with eclipse 3.0 M8 and eclipse 2.1. Today, a friend give me swt-designer 1.2.1 install ("old" version I know :)). I unzip the plugin with my two versions (2.1 ans 3.0) and I have differents results.
- with 2.1, I know, I don't have the good version of plugin but withit I can do a new swt/jface project. But after I have the red error message(it's not good version, blabla...) it was just a test for me.

- so, with the 3.0 version. if I choose SWT/application. on double clic==> boom error (a error is occured,please read the log)
here just the start of log
Code: Select all
!SESSION avr. 10, 2004 21:28:50.718 --------------------------------------------
java.version=1.4.1_06
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 avr. 10, 2004 21:28:50.718
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.core.runtime".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/jdt/internal/ui/wizards/NewProjectCreationWizard
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:502)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.defaultadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:309)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseClassLoader.defineClass(EclipseClassLoader.java:175)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.defaultadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findClassImpl(DefaultClassLoader.java:298)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.defaultadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:187)
   at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.adaptor.core.AbstractClassLoader.findLocalClass(AbstractClassLoader.java:243)

so, I searched two hours, I read the forum, the documentation, but nothing :(.
I try to select an old project and add the link and librairies(swt.jar and jface.jar) and if I do new file>swt file or jface dialog, it open a dialog but if, I click on the finish button==> nothing.

I reinstall eclipse, swtdesingner, but always the same bug

I know also that I don't have the last version of swt-designer. I tried three times with differents adress to suscribe for download the last version, but for each mail, I didn't receive any confirmation mail :( (after 2 hours)

So, someone could help a little noob??
Thanks
and please escuse my english :(
pharaonix

Re: problem with wizard

Postby Eric Clayberg » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:27 pm

pharaonix wrote:so, I searched two hours, I read the forum, the documentation, but nothing

The SWT Designer web site would have made it pretty clear what the problem was. This is a very simple problem with a very simple solution. You are using the wrong version of Designer in the versions of Eclipse you are using. As stated on the web site, SWT Designer 1.2.1 for Eclipse 3.0 is designed to work with Eclipse 3.0 M3 or M4. It will not work in either Eclipse 2.1 or 3.0 M8. For 2.1 support, you need to download the correct version. For M8 support, you need to download the v2.0.0 beta. You might as well delete the version that your friend gave you as it is a waste of time for you to install it into a version of Eclipse that it is clearly not designed to work with.

pharaonix wrote:I know also that I don't have the last version of swt-designer. I tried three times with differents adress to suscribe for download the last version, but for each mail, I didn't receive any confirmation mail :( (after 2 hours)

Make sure that you are using a real e-mail address (I'm suprised how many people make one up on the spot and expect it to work) and make sure that your spam filters aren't set to eat the message (the number one reason that an e-mail is not received). If you did not receive any e-mail, why didn't you send a message to the support address indicated in the registration process? Had you done that, you would have long since gotten a reply. I would suggest that you do that now...make sure to include all three e-mail addresses so that we can find you account(s).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby pharaonix » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:02 am

Eric Clayberg wrote:
pharaonix wrote:so, I searched two hours, I read the forum, the documentation, but nothing

The SWT Designer web site would have made it pretty clear what the problem was. This is a very simple problem with a very simple solution. You are using the wrong version of Designer in the versions of Eclipse you are using. As stated on the web site, SWT Designer 1.2.1 for Eclipse 3.0 is designed to work with Eclipse 3.0 M3 or M4. It will not work in either Eclipse 2.1 or 3.0 M8. For 2.1 support, you need to download the correct version. For M8 support, you need to download the v2.0.0 beta. You might as well delete the version that your friend gave you as it is a waste of time for you to install it into a version of Eclipse that it is clearly not designed to work with.

sorry, I thought that it wasn't enough differents between M4 and M8 for the plugin not working. I understand how you can be tired to see always the same questions :oops: please excuse me :cry:

Eric Clayberg wrote:
pharaonix wrote:I know also that I don't have the last version of swt-designer. I tried three times with differents adress to suscribe for download the last version, but for each mail, I didn't receive any confirmation mail :( (after 2 hours)

Make sure that you are using a real e-mail address (I'm suprised how many people make one up on the spot and expect it to work) and make sure that your spam filters aren't set to eat the message (the number one reason that an e-mail is not received). If you did not receive any e-mail, why didn't you send a message to the support address indicated in the registration process? Had you done that, you would have long since gotten a reply. I would suggest that you do that now...make sure to include all three e-mail addresses so that we can find you account(s).
I know how work

But you give me an idea, I just tried to give back my pwd. SO i saw that two adress were unknow by the database, et the thirst bobbob601 works. So I just can have my password. I also just verify my other mails to see if I didn't saw a confirmation mail and no, i didn't have any mail :(
It stay a mistery :D , but now I can test the beta.

thanks eric.
Your are my hero :D

ps: I don't have the time to test entierely the plugin, but it seems, it works now :D THANKS
Last edited by pharaonix on Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pharaonix

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:38 am

pharaonix wrote:I thought that it wasn't enough differents between M4 and M8 for the plugin not working.

Actually, the differences between M4 and M8 are tremendous (with extremely major changes occuring between M6 and M7). The Eclipse API is changing (often dramatically) with every new stable build, and most major plugins need to be updated for each release.

I'm glad you were able to download it and get it working. You need to be careful using Hotmail accounts as Hotmail is pretty aggressive about filtering out anthing that might remotely be spam.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer