1.2.x branch and M8 ?

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

1.2.x branch and M8 ?

Postby aspinei » Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:14 am

I see that 1.2.x branch is not functioning under M8...
What is going to happen with 1.2.x support for Eclipse 3 ? Will it be mandatory to buy and activate a 2.x licence even if a licence was already bought for v1 ?
aspinei

Re: 1.2.x branch and M8 ?

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:55 am

aspinei wrote:I see that 1.2.x branch is not functioning under M8.

Correct. It will work for Eclipse 2.x and Eclipse 3.0 M7. For M8 support, you need to use the v2.0.0 beta.

aspinei wrote:What is going to happen with 1.2.x support for Eclipse 3?

It will remain at its current levels. Users who want to use the newer versions of Eclipse will be expected to move to 2.0.0. That is the same policy we have followed for all of the prior releases.

aspinei wrote:Will it be mandatory to buy and activate a 2.x licence even if a licence was already bought for v1 ?

Activate, yes; buy, no. If you have already bought a SWT Designer Pro license, you are entitled to all SWT Designer Pro updates for a year from your date of purchase. Given that SWT Designer is less than a year old, all current users will get the SWT Designer Pro upgrade for free.

As stated on our web site, users who purchased SWT Designer Pro are also entitled to (at least) a 30% discount on our new Swing Designer Pro or WindowBuilder Pro bundled product. While pricing has yet to be announced, it will be in line with the current product pricing, and will likely allow SWT Designer Pro customers to upgrade to WindowBuilder Pro for the difference in price of the two products (which I believe should represent better than a 30% discount). I will also point out that any SWT Designer users who provide us with good feedback duing the beta period will receive the new product for free.
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer