Problem with SWT Designer Free Edition v1.2.2

SWT Designer allows you to create the views, editors, perspectives, pref pages, composites, etc. that comprise Eclipse SWT & RCP applications and plug-ins.

Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg

Problem with SWT Designer Free Edition v1.2.2

Postby KingOfBlingBling » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:38 pm

Hi. I downloaded and installed SWT Designer Free Edition v1.2.2 for Eclipse V3.0 M5 (and that's the version of Eclipse I'm running) and I have problems with it. I cannot change anything while in "design" mode. For instance, if I create an SWT Application and try to change the title from the properties window, as soon as I type in the new Title and press enter, it goes back to the default value. Or let's say in a JFace Dialog I pick a layout in the layout combo-box from the properties window, as soon as I make my choice, it goes back to blank like everything is read-only. Could anybody help me?

Thank you very much.
KingOfBlingBling

Re: Problem with SWT Designer Free Edition v1.2.2

Postby Eric Clayberg » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:15 pm

KingOfBlingBling wrote:I downloaded and installed SWT Designer Free Edition v1.2.2 for Eclipse V3.0 M5 (and that's the version of Eclipse I'm running) and I have problems with it. I cannot change anything while in "design" mode. For instance, if I create an SWT Application and try to change the title from the properties window, as soon as I type in the new Title and press enter, it goes back to the default value. Or let's say in a JFace Dialog I pick a layout in the layout combo-box from the properties window, as soon as I make my choice, it goes back to blank like everything is read-only. Could anybody help me?

Do any exceptions appear in the Eclipse ".log" file? Can you drop any widgets on the canvas? Can you right-click on the window an delete the current layout? After deleting the layout, can you drag/drop a new layout on the window?
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Postby KingOfBlingBling » Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:49 am

I looked in the ".log" file and I have tons of these stack traces:

!MESSAGE Designer internal error: org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve([CLjava/lang/String;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/IJavaProject;Z)Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ast/CompilationUnitDeclaration;
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver.resolve([CLjava/lang/String;Lorg/eclipse/jdt/core/IJavaProject;Z)Lorg/eclipse/jdt/internal/compiler/ast/CompilationUnitDeclaration;
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.DesignerAST.resolve(DesignerAST.java:250)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.DesignerAST.parseCompilationUnit(DesignerAST.java:235)
at org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.DesignerAST.parseMethodDeclaration(DesignerAST.java:42)
at com.swtdesigner.model.JavaInfo.c(SourceFile:766)
at com.swtdesigner.model.jface.TitleCompositeInfo.bh(SourceFile:182)
at com.swtdesigner.model.jface.TitleCompositeInfo.a(SourceFile:134)
at com.swtdesigner.model.jface.TitleCompositeInfo.C(SourceFile:126)
at com.swtdesigner.model.jface.DialogInfo$DialogTitleProperty.a(SourceFile:204)
at com.swtdesigner.properties.editors.StringPropertyEditor.i(SourceFile:10)
at com.swtdesigner.properties.editors.AbstractTextControlPropertyEditor.f(SourceFile:52)
at com.swtdesigner.properties.table.PropertyTable.i(SourceFile:362)
at com.swtdesigner.properties.editors.AbstractTextControlPropertyEditor$2.focusLost(SourceFile:33)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:108)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:847)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:871)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:852)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.sendFocusEvent(Control.java:1711)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.WM_KILLFOCUS(Control.java:3534)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:2917)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:2698)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.PeekMessageW(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.PeekMessage(OS.java:1733)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:1857)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2347)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.run(Workbench.java:2330)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.boot.InternalBootLoader.run(InternalBootLoader.java:858)
at org.eclipse.core.boot.BootLoader.run(BootLoader.java:461)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:299)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:765)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:599)

When I saw that, I included the jar that contains the class org.eclipse.jdt.core.dom.CompilationUnitResolver which I found in my "plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.core_3.0.0" folder underneath my Eclipse install folder but it didn't do anything. Everytime I do something in the designer I get this stack trace and nothing happens. Hope this gives you more information.
KingOfBlingBling

Nevermind

Postby KingOfBlingBling » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:52 am

Nevermind. I think I know what the problem is. I could've sworn to God I had Eclipse M5 installed but I have M4. I guess all I have to do is upgrade my Eclipse version now. Thanks anyway.
KingOfBlingBling

Re: Nevermind

Postby Eric Clayberg » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:35 am

KingOfBlingBling wrote:Nevermind. I think I know what the problem is. I could've sworn to God I had Eclipse M5 installed but I have M4. I guess all I have to do is upgrade my Eclipse version now. Thanks anyway.

BTW, you might as well just install Eclipse 3.0 M6 and use the 1.2.3 version of Designer (beta).
Eric Clayberg
Software Engineering Manager
Google
http://code.google.com/webtoolkit/download.html

Author: "Eclipse Plug-ins"
http://www.qualityeclipse.com
Eric Clayberg

Return to SWT Designer