Windows tester fails If it runs testSuite

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Windows tester fails If it runs testSuite

Postby karthik.intels12 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:07 am

Hello,
I have created GUI testcases and added into the testsuite. It takes 3 hrs to complete all the test classes under the testsuite. But my tool is getting hanged after 1 or 1.5 hrs of running testcases. So further testcases getting fails since it cannot get the widgets.

In my testclass, i will create and delete project for each and every test class.

I got to know from experts that our tool is creating some widgets in runtime which is not getting dispose from memory. So can anyone please give me some suggestion to dispose that widgets in runtime. Is that possible to do that along with testcases
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.M.S
karthik.intels12

Re: Windows tester fails If it runs testSuite

Postby Phil Quitslund » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:43 pm

It sounds like you may have identified a genuine bug in your product. If it does not properly clean up its resource allocations, you can expect users to experience the same kinds of crashes you are experiencing in test runs. A useful tool for tracking down memory leaks in SWT is called "Sleak" and can be fetched from the SWT development tools page:

http://www.eclipse.org/swt/tools.php

Good luck!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Postby karthik.intels12 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Ya great. But my doubt is that can be handle only in development side huh. There is no other way to clean those memory leaks manually. by running some scripts etc., If it is possible to do, then i can proceed now. becoz it seems like for now there is no idea in project to dig into this issue actually
Thanks and Regards,
Karthik.M.S
karthik.intels12

Postby Phil Quitslund » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:16 am

Wish I could help more but tracing memory leaks is a hard problem. You might try the SWT group (news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.platform.swt) to see if anyone there has any tips.

Good luck!
--
Phil Quitslund
Software Engineer
Google, Inc.
Phil Quitslund

Return to Window Tester