Running Tests and Application From Ant (eclipse.application)

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Running Tests and Application From Ant (eclipse.application)

Postby ChrisEllsworth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:24 pm

I have a stand-a-lone RCP app that I have written a few tests for. I followed the outline in the ContactManagerRCP example.
In the wtrunner-macros.xml, where it launches the application then starts the tests it reads
Code: Select all
            <arg value="-application" />
            <arg value="com.windowtester.runner.application" />

This overwrites the value of the 'eclipse.application' in the product's config.ini file. Unfortunately, it appears the product is dependent on the value it has set. Meaning, when I launch via ant with com.windowtester.runner.application set as the application, the product doesn't work; the tests launch but fail because perspectives and such aren't set up properly.

Is there a way around setting the application like this or a way to run both? Any suggestions are very welcome.
ChrisEllsworth

Re: Running Tests and Application From Ant (eclipse.application)

Postby ChrisEllsworth » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Starting over I noticed that I had incorrectly set the appid attribute in the example run.xml. A little confusing, but at least I made it through it.
ChrisEllsworth

Re: Running Tests and Application From Ant (eclipse.application)

Postby keertip » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:38 am

Glad that you caught the mistake. Yes, as you mentioned, the appid for the the application under test is set in the run.xml file and not in the wtrunner-macros.xml file.

The documentation at http://downloads.instantiations.com/Win ... ample.html has a detailed description of the changes to be made in order to run your application & tests instead of the ContactManagerRCP example & its tests.
keertip

Return to Window Tester