Getting around the login dialog

WindowTester allows you to easily create and run unit tests for every GUI they build. It can also be used to generate system level tests.

Moderators: gnebling, Eric Clayberg, Dan Rubel, keertip, Phil Quitslund

Getting around the login dialog

Postby sdutta » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:42 am

I am using an evaluation version of WindowTester and don't have any Eclipse experience, so please point me to any documentation that's already out there for this.

I am able to get my RCP application to launch, however, the record options don't appear until after I've logged in. I saw in a previous post on the forum that there is a way around this:
"WindowTester starts recording only after the RCP application workbench is launched. So as of now, it is not possible to record the login dialog.

There is a workaround to it. If you could specify the user name and password as VM args for eg. -Duser.name=Ronald and -Dpassword=example, then, when launching the application it would bypass the login dialog. That way the test would be able to run."

Where do these VM arguments need to be added? I see areas for VM arguments in the Run dialog of my test, as well as in the Record dialog. Can I enter other information other than login and password? The login dialog to the app I'm working with has a required field for a connection profile, whose value is a URL.

Also, when my application launches and I login, the eclipse menu options and windows are displayed within the app, which is not correct. Is there a something I need to disable?

Thanks!

Seema
sdutta

Re: Getting around the login dialog

Postby keertip » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:47 am

The VMArgs have to be specified in the Record Launch Configuration, since you do not want the login dialog during a recording session. You can enter other information as well, as in your case -DconnectProfile=url.

You also need to modify your application to check whether these properties have been specified using System.getProperty("user.name") . And if these properties have been specified, then you would use them to do the login in the application and not show the login dialog.
keertip

Return to Window Tester