Swing Designer allows you to quickly create the frames, panels, dialogs, applets and other UI elements that comprise Java Swing applications.
Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg
I am trying to use the new 7.0.0 designer, but have a couple of questions:
1) How do I change the layout of a panel? I add a panel we've overridden and its default layout must be FlowLayout, but when I try to change the layout in the Properties editor, a pull-down for the Layout option no longer appears (it did in 6.x).
2) How do I set the getter style for widgets (lazy instantiation, I think)?
Than you in advance.
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:59 pm
ForceRs wrote:1) How do I change the layout of a panel?
1) Select the layout manage you want in the palette and drop it on the panel, or
2) Right-click on the panel and select Set Layout >
ForceRs wrote:2) How do I set the getter style for widgets (lazy instantiation, I think)?
Use the WindowBuilder > Swing > Code Generation > Variable Generation
- Posts: 4503
- Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:39 am
- Location: Boston, MA USA
Return to Swing Designer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest