Instantiations is pleased to announce general availability of VA Smalltalk V8.0.2. Highlights of the new version include:
- Support for Seaside 3.0 pre-beta1
- All Windows® executables are digitally signed to enhance security and meet Windows Logo Certification requirements
- GLORP support for reading and writing objects from relational databases (level 0.3.178 and fixes)
- Further improvements to HTML documentation
- Currency with respect to operating systems and databases; support added for Ubuntu 9 (32/64-bit) and Oracle 11g (compatibility)
- Power management events supported on Windows GUI applications
- Added support for method pragmas, allowing you to annotate methods with user-defined processing information
- Ability to call Oracle functions and execute anonymous blocks
- Instance-based exceptions are now polymorphic with class-based exceptions, providing clearer and more efficient handling of errors
- SUnit 4.0, including support for Just-in-Time Resource Management, and other enhancements, supports creating powerful Smalltalk unit tests
If you do not currently have a Support and Maintenance Agreement for VA Smalltalk and would like to learn more, or are interested in additional licenses, please contact your Account Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 503 598 4900 or +1 800 808 3737.
We are excited to offer this new release and look forward to your feedback. We look forward to hearing from you.
Instantiations VA Smalltalk Development Team