Ok, now we start finding all the old problems again (now it would be nice to have all that open bug list):
- VA 8 can still not be installed under Ubuntu 8.10/32 (due to missing csh .....)
- VA 8 can still not handle all these problems with X-server and code pages and all that stuff ...
More or less seems for me, that all old VA 7.5.2 errors are still there ... nothing seems to be improved
here ... if you have problems with Ubuntu read all those several years old error messages and
apply the fixes again ....
I just did a fresh installation of 8.10 and VA8.00 (under VirtualBox) and as a summary:
- keyboard is not working at all -you can not type any text
- using the wheel on my mouse results into a walkback
- refresh of VA GUI is so bad, that I had to disable the VAAssist subsystem. Otherwise the
repainting of the toolbar can be seen in slow-motion ...
- redraw problems (horizontal black lines) are still there (which were introduced with 8.0 Beta1)
Sorry to say, but this is a mess - actually I did not recognize all these errors, because
I did my first tests under my already fixed Ubuntu 8.10/AMD system.
I think, that nobody has tested this .... and just release the code somehow ....