GWT Designer allows you to quickly create the modules, composites, panels, remote services and other elements that comprise Google Web Tookit applications.
Moderators: Konstantin.Scheglov, gnebling, Alexander.Mitin, jwren, Eric Clayberg
Have been using the GWT designed for a couple of months now but recently (couple of week) started to experience instabilities when starting the designer. I'm ruiing on running on Mac OS X 10.6.1 and using Eclipse Ganymede (3.4) with the following plugins: GWT 1.7.1.v200909230239, GWT Designer 220.127.116.11911151320, GWt DesignerCore 18.104.22.168911131249
- freeze during "Initializing GWT Hosted Mode" (have to kill Eclipse process)
- if this goes through, various exception pages after starting up (designed UI is never displayed)
- when it does start, some views do not seem to refresh right away (i.e. I have to hover or click and element in the hierarchy view to display children)
This occurs even with newly created or very simple composites.
I suspect something went wrong in my config or plugins but can seem to find a fix. Tired to uninstall/reinstal GWT Designer or delete the workspace .metadata. Anyone else having similar issue? I have been suggested to switch to Eclipse Galileo 3.5 but this is not trivial (upgrade, reinstall plugins, etc.) and we use 3.4 company wide.
Any help/suggestion would be appreciated.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:42 am
We have not had any major problems with Eclipse 3.4 although the Carbon version of Eclipse has never been very stable (thus the suggestion to use the Cocoa version).
Have you tried a brand new, clean Eclipse 3.4 installation with a new workspace?
- Posts: 4503
- Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:39 am
- Location: Boston, MA USA
Return to GWT Designer
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest