Could you perhaps also change so that the gwt-dev jar is loaded from the classpath?
I get the following error when I try to switch to Design mode:
- Code: Select all
Caused by: org.apache.commons.lang.exception.NestableError: Can not open file |/home/jmbe/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/1.5.2/gwt-dev-linux.jar|
Notice that it tries to load the dev jar from the user directory.
The gwt-user jar is located at /home/jmbe/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-user/1.5.2/gwt-user-1.5.2.jar
. The gwt-dev jar is located at /home/jmbe/.m2/repository/com/google/gwt/gwt-dev/1.5.2/gwt-dev-1.5.2-linux.jar
. This is standard for Maven and both of these files have been added to the Eclipse project classpath automatically.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Add http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org/
as a plugin in Eclipse.
2. Install Maven 2 according to the instructions at the bottom of http://maven.apache.org/download.html
3. Run the two commands on http://gwt-maven.googlecode.com/svn/docs/maven-googlewebtoolkit2-plugin/archetype.html
to create a new Maven GWT project.
4. In Eclipse, choose Import > Maven projects and point to the directory with the newly created maven project. (It's the directory with pom.xml in it.)
5. Open the Application class and try to switch to design mode.