Playing with it, here a few ideas I collected:
- allow manipulation in the component tree:
- - deletion of a component
- moving to a control another parent (sometimes it's very hard to drop a new component into the composite it should be in.
- if a container has no layout set, put a string in there (e.g "please choose a layout manager" and make it red). It drove me crazy because I could not drop a component in a Group (and I assume I'm not the only beginner that faces this problem).
- allow test-running of wizard pages (it would be ok to run in a simple dialog)...
- that's an eclipse bug: if new plugins add toolbar items they are not visible unless the perspective is reset. So, I don't see the "run" button in the java perspective (I have customized it and I don't want to loose my setup). So, it'd be cool if one could run from a context menu or with a shortcut...